Chronicling the steps to creating a SUCCESSFUL life.

Sunday, January 6, 2019

One Year Ago

One year ago, I was worried about so many things that I cannot even remember, now.  That is, not until I got the email from FutureMe. 

FutureMe is an email service, where you can send an email to yourself, or anyone else, at some point in the future-a day, a week, a year, longer.  I used to think it was a cool idea, but now, it is a reminder of what I did not accomplish.

I didn't:

  • Lose a bunch of weight
  • Read the Bible every day
  • Pray every day
  • Get my finances on a better track
  • Exercise regularly

Maybe, I don't have to accomplish anything at this stage of my life.  Maybe, my life is good enough right now. Maybe, some of those goals are unrealistic. Truth is, I am pretty satisfied with the way things are. The major change I would make is lowering my stress level, which is, I am very sad to say, sky high. There is a single person responsible for that.  Or rather I should say that the person I stress about is not going to change what he is doing and in reality, I am responsible for my own level of stress. 

So why do I worry about him so much?  He has no one else to worry about him.  Not really.  I worry that he will die and I certainly don't want that. I worry that he will not get better from his sickness that has been going on for nearly 3 months and he refuses to go to a doctor.  Why? Because he says that anyone on earth can look at his medical records and there is a "libatard" (the term he stole from someone else for a liberal retard)--likely the janitor at the doctor's office--that will take that information and use it against him to have him declared a menace to society and they will take away his right to buy a gun or own a knife.

I say, "That is the craziest thing I have heard in my life..."

"Just you wait and see!  It will happen," says he, interrupting.

I respond, "Like it or not, you are not that important in the grand scheme of things.  Neither am I.  We are both merely drops in the ocean of nearly 8 billion people. No one is going to look at your medical records to see if you went to the doctor to cure nausea."

"That kind of thinking will get you in trouble with it all goes down.  Stick your head in the sand like everyone else."  He walks away to end the discussion.

I went on vacation to see new faces and to talk to new people and to get a fresh presepctive.  I took the problem with me.  It seems as if all I could talk about was him, my brother. I realized that I cannot hide from stress.  So, a new year and a new resolution:  REDUCE STRESS

No comments:

Post a Comment